January 14, 2011

The Spotlight: Big K.R.I.T. - "My Interpretation"


If you have not heard Big K.R.I.T.'s music, you are currently failing at hip-hop music. From Meridian, Mississippi, this rapper/producer definitely possesses the talent, passion, and "Gumpshun" to make it big in the industry.
Last year he released the critically acclaimed K.R.I.T. Wuz Here (my favorite album of 2010). A new Def Jam signee, Big K.R.I.T. is preparing to release his next album, Return of 4Eva this year. "My Interpretation" is a track that has floated around the internet for a while but was most recently featured on the "Good Talk Vol. 9" mixtape, hosted by K.R.I.T. The realness and soul and his music is undeniable. Make sure you take some time to give his music a listen. The download for "My Interpretation" and links to a few other songs are below.

Listen/Download - "My Interpretation"



"2000 and Beyond"
"Junkie can't find God, watch him find his vein. 
Preacher walk right by like he ain't seen a thang.
Pass the collection plate...."




Moon & Stars Remix Official Video
KRIT recruited Killa Kyleon and Curren$y for the remix
to one of the smoothest tracks on KRIT Wuz Here.





"Return of 4eva" f. Big Sant
Krit and Big Sant together make up the 
duo, The Alumni. The influence of southern 
hip hop in Krit's music is obvious in this song.
I instantly think of my favorite 8Ball & MJG album,
Coming Out Hard, when I hear this.




"Children of the World"
This is my favorite track of his album and one of my
 favorites of 2010. I can talk about this song all day
so I'm just gonna stop so you can listen.




No comments:

Post a Comment